Quick question…are you using social media to its fullest potential for your business?
Is your social media strategy still on your to-do list?
In a report recently released by SalesForce it states that of the people surveyed 48% said that social media marketing is directly linked to their primary revenue source. And with 82 % of marketing leaders agreeing that social media marketing is now core to their business, there’s no way around it – social media is here to stay and it’s no longer “safe” to sit by the sidelines.
So if your marketing strategy doesn’t include social media here’s another 10 reasons why you should rethink that.
1) Get to know your tribe and vice versa – social media can really be a fun way for not only you to get to know your tribe better but also to let them get to know the person behind the business. There are so many options with social media to really let your unique personality shine and really connect and have your tribe fall head over heels for you and what you provide.
2) Get your message out globally - Social media is a great way to get your message out to the world. Compared to other marketing strategies social media is an affordable way to gain visibility and tell people who you are and why they should care.
3) Stay top of mind with your audience – Don Crowther once said something that really stuck with me and that is to think of your prospects as having a room full of filing cabinets and each cabinet has folders on different topics. Your goal is to be the only file folder in the cabinet of your expertise and to own as many cabinets as you can. So basically when your prospect is thinking about your services or products you are the only option – there are no alternatives. Social media is a great way to stay in front of your audience so when they need your services you immediately come to mind.
4) Leverage social media to position yourself as a leader – not only can you connect with your prospects on social media but it’s never been easier to reach out and connect with other industry leaders. You can build your connections and position yourself as the go-to or authoritative person in your industry. Social media is a great way to find joint venture partners, referral partners, business partners etc.
5) Connect and nurture strategic relationships – with the advent of social media it’s now super easy to connect with industry leaders. It’s easy to connect with joint venture partners, referral partner, business partners regardless of where they are located. It’s easier now to connect with these types of people and nurture those relationships. Woohoo, the wall has been removed!
6) Reach a new audience – by offering value social media allows you to build on the like, know and trust with your tribe but also to reach new audiences so you can have an endless avenue of prospects and opportunities.
7) Market research – in my opinion not enough businesses use social media as an avenue for market research. Ask questions, do polls and surveys on your page but also take advantage of online groups and forums. Join groups that are centered around your idea client, ask questions and look down the thread to see if there are any recurring themes that come up. Social media is also a great way to see what your competitors are up to and also what’s happening in your industry.
8) Visibility – are you easy to find or do people have to “hunt” you down? Because the truth is if you’re not easily found your competitors are. We live in an attention deficit time so it’s crucial and critical that your ideal clients can find you and interact with you in a way that they’ll comfortable with.
9) Improve customer service – because social media is in real-time it gives you instant access to feedback from your clients and prospects. This insight is invaluable since it can help you create your programs/products as well as increase customer retention. Social media also allows you to be a part of the conversation whether it’s positive or negative. Just because you’re not on social media doesn’t mean other people aren’t talking about you or your business. It’s better to be a part of these conversations than not including your voice, especially with dealing with negative comments.
10) GET LEADS AND CLIENTS – unlike other strategies to get leads I find social media the best route to getting consistent leads. And unlike some techniques, like blogging, you can get immediate returns on your investment.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can use social media to grow your visibility and get consistent leads every single month than sign up for a FREE CONSULT CALL today!